Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day One of Blogging

So here I am after months and months of reading other teachers' blogs I have decided to start my own! I have become very addicted to blogging for several different reasons. I find myself becoming inspired by all the wonderful teachers in the world and finding lots of amazing ideas floating out in cyberspace. One of my favorite things that I've recently become obsessed with is the Daily Five/ Cafe. Since its coming to the end of the year I can't start using it yet but boy am I dying to next year. Although this is only my 2nd year teaching I can already tell that I don't particularly like using the basal. I feel like I'm not reaching all my children. So I stumbled upon the Daily Five and this seems like the perfect idea to get me started in the right direction next year. Some of my favorite blogs to read out there are Shepherd's Shining Stars and 4th Grade Frolics. They have some wonderful ideas and I love reading about the awesome lessons they are doing in their classrooms. I have already tried many ideas from the blog world in my classroom and my students have loved everyone of them. Hopefully I will be able to post some about some of them this weekend. For now it's time for American Idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment